The following rules apply to all members and affiliated of Typhoon Dragonboat Club. These rules are in place for the safety and security of all members of the club and are here to ensure that we can all enjoy the sport to its fullest extent.
- Use only Typhoon equipment. All of Typhoon’s equipment is labeled with the club name. As a member you are entitled to use this equipment when training as long as you take reasonable care of it. Any equipment without the Typhoon name on it belongs to other clubs or is privately owned by members. Do not use personal or other clubs’ equipment without the express permission of the owner. If you damage someone else’s equipment you will be asked to pay for a replacement.
- Follow all the O1 usage guidelines. These are in place to ensure your safety and the safety of the club equipment. We anticipate that occasionally accidents happen and damages may occur under which circumstances the club will investigate. If you are found to have been misusing the equipment under the guidelines presented you will be responsible for any cost.
- For convenience you may leave your personal equipment (paddles, buoyancy aids etc) in the Typhoon Locker. If you choose to do so you do this entirely at your own risk. Typhoon Dragonboat club will accept no responsibility for any loss, damage or theft to any personal items left in the locker.
- Pay your membership and race fees in a timely manner. We reserve the right to suspend any member who has accumulated a debt until such debts are paid.
- Ensure you are in a fit state to paddle before boarding the boat. It is your responsibility to ensure you are free from illness or injury which may affect your ability to paddle safely. If you have any injury or are in any doubt about your fitness to paddle you must let the Captain, Vice-captain, Coach or Helm know before boarding the boat.
- When undertaking activities where you are representing the club ensure you present yourself and the club in a professional manner in keeping with the club’s image.
If any member is found to be breaking these rules the committee will decide what action to take. This may result in suspension from the club or a ban from using club equipment.